I’ve been interested and involved in traditional and natural medicine for over 30 years in one form or another, whether as a consultant, trainer, therapist or user. Traditional medicine is more than a job for me, it’s a way of thinking, living and being.
Over time, I’ve refined my ideas and practices into an all-round service, catering to not just the physical, but also mental and spiritual aspects of health and fitness.
I’ve also chosen to specialise in traditional therapies which I believe work very well together. This helps me offer all of them in a combined package with each treatment session you receive.
This means you might like me to give you a massage for your ailment but I’m more likely to give you a combination of massage, cupping, exercise and nutritional advice.
I believe the cause of imbalance in the body needs to be treated on multiple levels (wholefoods, movement, therapy, wellbeing, nature), not just on one, otherwise it can’t be complete or fully effective.
Sometimes it’s difficult to say how long a treatment session will take as it depends on at what stage your imbalance/condition is, how your body reacts, your general constitution, what treatment plan I’ve put together, how everything progresses, etc. Generally speaking, a session is a min. of 60-90 minutes. In special cases up to 2 hours.
Traditional Therapies I offer
I’m trained and qualified to practice in:
- Traditional Thai massage
- Cupping massage and therapy
- Nutritional and herbal therapy
- Exercise as medicine
- Nature as medicine
Hours of operation
- Hours of operation: Tue, Thu 0600-0900 and 1500-1800; Sat 0700-1100
- Outside these hours and days possible and by pre-arrangement only
My rates are:
- $40 per half hour for nutritional therapy sessions
- $40 per half hour for sliding cup massage or static cupping
- $65 per hour for Traditional Thai Massage and cupping therapy sessions
- $110 per 90 minutes for a personalised treatment plan and session
I also offer:
- Discounts apply if you purchase 10 treatments or sessions in advance
- People on a pension or low income budget, I offer reduced rates
- Gift cards are available for special occasions and celebrations
- Barter and exchange are also possible, please ask me in advance
- I live in Chudleigh, Tasmania
- Chudleigh, Mole Creek, Caveside, Western Creek, Meander, Deloraine (Travel fee included)
- Westbury, Launceston, Legana, Swan Point, Beauty Point, Mowbray, Pipers River, Lilydale (Travel fee excluded)
- Hobart (Long term arrangements only)
For a detailed price list, please click on the individual therapy above that you’re interested in.
If you’re wondering why my hourly rate is lower than others? My goal is to make good health affordable and available to anyone who would like it, no matter their income level. I’m open to other forms of payment other than monetary, such as barter, exchange, and so on. Please contact me to discuss any of these options.
- Click here to know a bit about my background and training.
- Read about what you can expect from me as a natural medicine practitioner.
- What I can and cannot do as a registered practitioner of alternative medicine.
The law in Norway
The following concerns the law of alternative treatments in Norway.
For clients with a serious chronic illness: I’m only allowed to treat your illness when I work together with your doctor (with their consent and approval). For clients with an infectious disease: I’m unable to treat your disease.
All clients with a serious chronic illness and/or infectious disease: I’m allowed to provide treatment that can a) reduce or lessen the effects and symptoms of your illness or disease, or the side effects of the standard medical treatment you are receiving for said illness or disease; b) strengthen your body’s immune system and ability to self-heal, or; c) provide relief and healing, when there is no appropriate relieving or healing treatment on offer from the standard health service. At all times I require your consent.
All other clients without a serious chronic illness and/or infectious disease, you’re welcome to receive treatment from me - although I am obliged to inform you to please consult your GP first.
As a member of the NLH (Norges Landsforbund av Homøopraktikere), I am covered by insurance and am subject to the duty of patient confidentiality.
In Australia, I’ve purposefully chosen not to become a member of any particular association. My qualifications in traditional Thai massage and cupping are recognised here.
Effects of treatment
There are after effects of any kind of treatment. This is because the body is being stimulated to restore balance, to self-heal and to eliminate toxins/waste. This means you may feel tired, hot/cold, some kind of emotional release, nausea, even pain in the area stimulated (cupping), as well as thirsty or the need to go to the toilet more often. These are very natural and normal bodily reactions, and are an indication that the treatment is working and may last a number of days after receiving treatment. However, it’s not normal that these symptoms continue over a longer period of time. If this happens, please contact me immediately.
I accept cash, PayID (email@example.com) and bank transfers. Please contact me for my bank account details. Invoices and receipts are sent upon request. Other forms of payment than money e.g. barter, exchange, etc., may be possible by prior arrangement only. I don’t use payment apps. If you would like to pay with this method, please contact me first.
Cancellation of an appointment requires 12-hours notice or the booked appointment fee will be charged. Special circumstances will of course be considered.
I support the 🏳️🌈 LGBT+ community and am sensitive and respectful of gender and sexual identity / needs while performing any of my therapeutic services. This also applies to persons with disabilities and neurological diversity.
Professional health service
Please note that all of my treatments and therapies are strictly non-sexual in nature. As I enter your private home to provide my holistic health service, I do so as a health professional. Any untoward behaviour will not be tolerated and may be reported to the police.
I don’t discriminate based on vaccination status. Both vaccinated and unvaccinated clients are welcome to book my services.
- Please do not book an appointment if you are unwell, or show any symptoms of flu or coronavirus.
- It is not possible to maintain a 1.5-2 metre distance during a massage, but upon request I can wear cloth gloves during massage and latex gloves during cupping.
- I always wash my hands before and after each massage, this is something I do regardless of the current health measures. I highly recommend each client does the same, including their feet and face.
- Breathing is a critical healing mechanism. Treatments require deep and unrestricted breathing.
- I ask each client to supply their own sheets and pillows or bolsters for use on my massage mat and/or massage table.
- All items used in massage and cupping are cleaned in hot soapy water, and wiped with colloidal silver spray, eucalyptus or tea tree oils.
- I have worked as an aged care and disability support worker for many years and was required to successfully complete the Australian government’s Covid19 safety training program.
- As I come to your private home, please ensure that anyone else in your home, and who needs to assist you before and after the treatment, observes the current health measures.
Natural medicine offers some of the best long term healing results and effects. The best and most comprehensive form of immunity is always natural immunity.
I was a member of the NLH in Norway until I moved back to Tasmania. Since returning to Australia, I haven’t joined a professional society. It’s very important to find a society that has a balanced and thorough definition or view of traditional medicine. Some organisations censor and limit the practice of natural medicine. Consequently, I prefer not to have my hands tied in this manner as it is a disservice to both the genuine practice of traditional medicine and also my duty to providing clients with informed choice and consent. Continuing education is part and parcel of being a traditional medicine practitioner and I ensure that my knowledge and skills are always up-to-date.
Any questions, please feel welcome to contact me on +61 (0)448 381 306 or by email.
Go to Top ↑